- Pessoa coletiva
- 10 April 1957-September 2006
Canadian Bible College was established in Regina, Saskatchewan in 1941 as Canadian Bible Institute. Classes were held in the refurbished basement of the Regina Alliance Tabernacle at 2080 Osler St. The new school was born of a need to train workers for the new churches that the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) had planted in Western Canada. At that point the Canadian C&MA had no training institutes of its own, for in 1929 the C&MA’s Board of Managers had closed both Canadian Bible Institute (established in Toronto in 1924), and Great West Bible Institute, (founded in Edmonton in 1924). The new school almost suffered the same fate, for it lacked the official approval of the Alliance. However, the founders Gordon Skitch, George Blackett, and W.H. Brooks reached a compromise with the Board whereby the school was permitted to continue so long as its name was changed to Western Canadian Bible Institute (WCBI).
This change of name was adopted in 1945, the same year that WCBI moved into new quarters, the former Clayton Hotel, 1720 Broad St., Regina. In 1949 the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan granted WCBI official incorporation as a non-profit educational institution, and in May 1956 the General Council of the C&MA recognized WCBI as the official school of the C&MA in Canada.
In October 1956, WCBI moved to 4400 4th Ave., Regina, which would be its home, until the move to Calgary in July 2003. On 10 April 1957 WCBI changed its name to Canadian Bible College (CBC). In the following decade, CBC dedicated its new campus, conferred its first BTh and BRE degrees, became a fully-accredited member of the Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges, and began to develop plans for a seminary. The seminary, originally named Canadian Theological College (September 1970-June 1982), later changed its name to Canadian Theological Seminary (1982-2007), and Ambrose Seminary (2007-).
In September 2006 Canadian Bible College became the undergraduate ministry program of Alliance University College/Nazarene University College and ceased to have an independent existence. It is now (2016) known as the Ambrose University School of Ministry.